Guide to Pursuing On-Campus Jobs

Are you looking to pursue an on-campus job during your time at Cornell? If so, look no further!

Having a job at Cornell is incredibly common among undergraduate students. Working at Cornell can help financially support your education while providing you with professional development opportunities and various transferable skills.

Before looking for opportunities at Cornell, it is important to reflect on your interests and take time to identify what you are looking to do. 

To start, you may ask yourself the following questions:

• How many hours of work am I able to commit to per week?
  • Do I want to interact with other students on the job, or am I more interested in working on independent projects?
  • What skills am I looking to gain from this job? (ex. Do I want to gain customer service experience? Do I want to develop certain academic skills? Am I interested in working on administrative tasks?)

Once you’ve narrowed down your ideal criteria for an on-campus job, check out Workday to see which available jobs match your interests!

Be sure to also browse the following links for additional opportunities.

Good luck with your job search, and be sure to stop by the CEC with any questions!

-Shruti Nagpal, GPHS ’25